Upgrade your zumo 590 to zumo 595 firmware

FAQ's for Garmin zumo models and nüvi models.
jfheath

Re: Upgrade your zumo 590 to zumo 595 firmware

Berichtdoor jfheath » 06 jan 2020 15:15

The upgrade is still working well.

No problems with route sharing with v4.60 software
No problems with Media Player, Spotify via Android

Still not sorted the Portrait Screen display problem
Large Motorcycle keyboard does not load up keyboards except A-I and the symbols keyboard. Selecting 0-9 causes the system to shut off.
QWERTY keyboard works OK.

Connects Ok with BaseCamp and quickly. Files transfer and read ok. In spite of getting the communication error in MAss Storage or MTP mode. Doesn't matter. It works.

All great stuff. Nothing stopping me from using it.

Thank you
jfheath

Berichtdoor jfheath » 06 jan 2020 16:35

jfheath schreef:Large Motorcycle keyboard does not load up keyboards except A-I and the symbols keyboard. Selecting 0-9 causes the system to shut off.
QWERTY keyboard works OK.

Aha - just fixed this keyboard issue.
* Deleted all of the files from the 'keyboard' folder in Internal Storage.
* Loaded the Garmin Express 6.19.4.0 and ran it.
* In Tools and Content / Utilities / Other Files at the bottom of a list of Audio and Vehicles files was a keyboard file for 595.
* Installed that using Garmin Express.
* On power up, Zumo wanted to install software.

* When it had finished I switched on the British English Large Buttons and saved.

Entering text in the where to now search now reveals a large button keypad which has 3 rows arrange in QWERTY keyboard layout, which is left-right scrollable with < and > keys. Very different from the original 590 keypad which it had tried to display.

The keyboard folder on the Zumo is now repopulated with a new set of files.

Glad I kept the original 590 files though. I might need them at some point.
Mzeist

Berichtdoor Mzeist » 06 jan 2020 19:08

jfheath schreef: Files transfer and read ok. In spite of getting the communication error in MAss Storage or MTP mode. Doesn't matter. It works.

Long time ago I wrote a small article about the Garmin Basecamp communication problem on the old Zumoforum, luckily someone quoted it on the forum here in this thread:

http://forum.gps-expert.nl/viewtopic.php?p=6118#p6118

for more information look here

http://forum.gps-expert.nl/viewtopic.php?p=6353#p6353

Making the file GarminDevice.xml read-only is somewhat akward, but needs only be done during updates for firmware or maps etc.,

On a Mac the Basecamp communication seems not to be an issue btw.
gr, Marcel.
phrogg

Berichtdoor phrogg » 20 mar 2020 17:54

Just wanted to post that I was able to complete this process successfully. I have a US Harley Road Tech Zumo 590LM that I was able to convert over to a 595LM. The only thing that I really wanted different is the view that allows you to see the list of the next 4 turns next to the map. One concern that I had was whether I would lose the tone that it provides to allows the Zumo to interrupt the audio and provide me a feed into my helmet through the Harley audio system. That functionality still works!

The only thing that is obviously different is that it doesn't come up with any logo when you start it up. It has a little square in the middle and then goes on into boot up like normal. I've been able to run the Garmin Express software and get the Keyboards and voices updated like normal.

I also was able to complete the entire process on a Mac with Parallels. I simply had to plug it into the Mac with Parallels running first, assign it to the virtual machine by holding down Alt to let it know that I wanted it to be permanently assigned to the VM. Unplugged the garmin and plugged it back in a couple times and it grabbed ahold of it like it should and actually loaded up the drivers for it into the VM. Then the process just worked as described.

And since I'm on a Mac, I don't see any of the issues when I load up Basecamp on the mac side of things. I'm very happy with this and thank you folks for keeping this going!

Phrogg
uturntony

Berichtdoor uturntony » 04 apr 2020 11:31

Hi, i have been watching this thread for a while now thinking of doing the upgrade; today i did it and so far so good :)

Quite a difference i have to say. What i need to do now is work my way through any niggles i happen across but thank's to you people here i think they have all been addressed and fixes found.
Thank's very much to Marco without whom this would not have been possible.

cheers all

uturntony
IronVic

Berichtdoor IronVic » 26 jul 2020 11:20

Hi
found this topic few times ago, decided to do the upgrade but the http://gawisp.com/perry/ is gone.
Does anyone have a copy of the 595 firmware that can share ?

Thanks
Andrea
IronVic

Berichtdoor IronVic » 31 jul 2020 07:47

giuseppe66 schreef:http://gpsinformation.net/allory/garfeat3.htm

direct download
https://download.garmin.com/software/Zumo595_460.gcd

Thank you!!

Terug naar “Garmin zumo / nüvi”