Upgrade your zumo 590 to zumo 595 firmware

FAQ's for Garmin zumo models and nüvi models.
paulk

Re: Upgrade your zumo 590 to zumo 595 firmware

Berichtdoor paulk » 24 jun 2018 11:24

Thanks for your replies. I ran the the garmin express, and as you guys said, it did the update. I went for a ride to work today, and the unit is working just fine. I am looking forward to the improved features of version 4.4 firmware.

Thanks again.

Paul
denbels

Berichtdoor denbels » 26 jun 2018 19:00

Mzeist schreef:if you want you can email me your 'GarminDevice.xml' and I'll check it out for you.

Hi,

I have also a problem with Garmin BaseCamp that says that my device is nog recognised, via de webupter it says that my firmware is 0.00
When I see the info on my Garmin 590LM than it is version 4.4

Can I please also send you my GarminDevice.xml file

Thx in advance

Den Bels
Mzeist

Berichtdoor Mzeist » 26 jun 2018 19:25

Yes sure, send it and I'll take a look.
gr, Marcel.
denbels

Berichtdoor denbels » 27 jun 2018 10:59

Mzeist schreef:Yes sure, send it and I'll take a look.

Marcel,

By these as attachment a zipped file, can you also please explain what we have to remove in that xml file, so I don't have to bother you again

Thx

Den Bels
Bijlagen
GarminDevice.xml.zip
(4.89 KiB) 25 keer gedownload
Mzeist

Berichtdoor Mzeist » 27 jun 2018 17:44

Afbeelding

Please see the pic: On the left a GarminDevice.xml with a problem, on the right I qouted the problem part out (inserted "<!-- errors>" and somewhat further "<!-- errors>"

Basecamp and other apps will now ignore the corrupted part of the .xml file and it should all be fine again. Just remember, your Zumo will recreate this file after each reboot, so make the fixed file read-only and then remember to make it read/write again if you update maps or firmware. You then have to apply the fix again. If you forget the make the file read/write Garmin Express will not know about the updates and will be nagging you with update requests..

In case the picture isn't clear, this is a snippet of GarminDevice.xlm. (the forum software removed the idents, sorry) In RED the inserted lines. (You can also remove the whole part)

<!-- errors>
<UpdateFile>
<PartNumber>006- - </PartNumber>
<Version>
<Major>0</Major>
<Minor>0</Minor>
</Version>
<Path>Garmin</Path>
<FileName>.zip</FileName>
</UpdateFile>
<UpdateFile>
<PartNumber>006- - </PartNumber>
<Version>
<Major>0</Major>
<Minor>0</Minor>
</Version>
<Path>Garmin</Path>
<FileName>.zip</FileName>
</UpdateFile>
</errors -->

included is the GarminDevice.xml for denbels. It's device specific, so please don't try to use it in another GPS. You can have a look in it though to see the changes inserted at line 1857 and 1876

succes!
Bijlagen
GarminDevice.onlyforDenBels.zip
(4.34 KiB) 27 keer gedownload
gr, Marcel.
Marco
Contacteer:

Berichtdoor Marco » 27 jun 2018 20:09

This surprises me a bit, yes, BaseCamp does not show the correct serial number or model with me, but I can send and receive information to it. And Express does recognise my device perfectly for firmware updates.

I never did anything with the GarminDevice.xml to suppress messages.

If everything works, but only some cosmetic faults, then my advice would be: do nothing, just accept it.
If not everything works, my advice would be: redo the firmware update process, something did not go right.
Marco.

Kennis en kunde van Outdoor, Sport en Motor GPS'sen van Garmin, Tripy, TomTom, Mio, Teasi, TwoNav.

Zie ook ons GPS Cursus aanbod en YouTube kanaal
Mzeist

Berichtdoor Mzeist » 27 jun 2018 20:28

It solves this problem:

Afbeelding

But, @Marco, your not getting this message in basecamp?
If so, would you care the send me your GarminDevice.xml please?

GE, performs ok, with or without the indicated part.
gr, Marcel.
Marco
Contacteer:

Berichtdoor Marco » 27 jun 2018 20:58

:D Found it, I use BaseCamp for Mac, does not give any error. If I use BaseCamp for Windows I do get the error.

How ever in both BaseCamp version I do not see any data/content of the zumo because it is only recognised as a kind of microSD disk and not as device which is capable with trips and has files located in the \gpx\ folder, BaseCamp only looks in \garmin\gpx\ folder now but there is nothing.

So for full functionality you are right to adjust the GarminDevice.xml to read all route/waypoint/track information from the zumo.
Marco.

Kennis en kunde van Outdoor, Sport en Motor GPS'sen van Garmin, Tripy, TomTom, Mio, Teasi, TwoNav.

Mzeist

Berichtdoor Mzeist » 27 jun 2018 21:29

thanks for the confirmation
gr, Marcel.
Hanske007

Berichtdoor Hanske007 » 24 jul 2018 06:46

Marco,

werkt dit ook met garmin edge 1000.
en hoe forceer ik edge 1000 om herkent te worden door pc?
de truck met hold lap/reset en verbind usb werkt niet.
bedankt Hans
Marco
Contacteer:

Berichtdoor Marco » 24 jul 2018 20:52

This is the english part of the forum and its not clear where you referring to. Firmware upgrade? Voice files? Playing with XML file?

If it is only about usb connections then this is the complete wrong section of the forum.
Marco.

BriSco

Berichtdoor BriSco » 26 aug 2018 15:39

I'm having no luck with this upgrade. When I go to write flash to USB, I get the below error.
I hold my finger in the lower right of the screen, I see SYSTEM in small font, I see my Garmin gps in the USB Device window, I click UP and this window pops up immediately even before I remove my finger from the screen.
I've tried multiple times with no joy.

Afbeelding
BriSco

Berichtdoor BriSco » 26 aug 2018 18:56

OK, I finally got it to work. I do with the opening screen said Zumo 595 instead of just Zumo though...
Marco
Contacteer:

Berichtdoor Marco » 26 aug 2018 19:55

:wink:
Marco.

Wil51

Berichtdoor Wil51 » 30 aug 2018 09:27

update to 2019.20. On the zumo the map 2019.10 is not deleted. I have to do that with Javawa device manager.

Terug naar “Garmin zumo / nüvi”